The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing & Journaling
The ultimate guide to nature drawing and journaling. This is the how-to guide for becoming a better artist and a more attentive naturalist. In straightforward text complemented by step-by-step illustrations, dozens of exercises lead the hand and mind through creating accurate reproductions of plants and animals as well as landscapes, skies, and more. This book provides clear, practical advice for every step of the process for artists at every level, from the basics of choosing supplies to advanced techniques. While the book’s advice will improve the skills of already accomplished artists, the emphasis on seeing, learning, and feeling will make this book valuable—even revelatory—to anyone interested in the natural world, no matter how rudimentary their artistic abilities.
- Ways to use your journal to enhance curiosity, creativity, and sharpen your naturalist’s eye.
- Simple techniques to improve your visual memory and help you draw what you see.
- Lessons on how to use graphite, pen, watercolor and gouache for fast field sketches.
- Lessons on how to draw wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects, landscapes, seascapes, and skies.
- Paperback, 8.5 x 11, 368 pages, with full-color and black-and-white illustrations throughout.
- Gold Medal 2016 Foreword INDIES Book Award.